Oh my goodness!!! =)
I was nominated for a blog award from Ameera R, from Habeebee Homeschooling! This was created to recognize other bloggers and she and her blogs are awesome enough to have been awarded herself MashaAllah!
This was unexpected as I didn’t even know about it until I clicked on the original person’s post who nominated her; and than read her blog post about it. I really don’t even know where to begin! There are SO many bloggers whom I love Muslim, non Muslim, religious, non Religious who are simply so much more amazing bloggers and much more resourceful than I am! I read everything from homeschooling to cooking, Politics, religion, life, parenting to do it yourself posts! I really would feel bad to accidentally hurt someone’s feelings by not posting them. Here is what I’ll do InshaAllah, I will post the ones off of the top of my head that are mostly related to homeschooling and being Muslim since, well, that’s my angle 😉
Okay, here we go-BismiAllah!!! I have to list the rules as I saw them…..
How the award process works:
1. Thank the person who nominated you- Thank you- JazakAllahu Khayer Ameera– you are amazing and VERY Creative!!
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award on to 10 other bloggers
4. Contact the other bloggers to let them know they have been nominated
Ok, so here are 7 things about me:
1. I grew up all over!! Literally! I was born in Joliet, Illinois but have lived in Texas (5 different places) and Mexico before coming back to Illinois.
2. I am of Mexican, Native American heritage and my culture is a mixture of Mexican and American-with a muslim lifestyle InshaAllah. A lot of my close friends are Puerto rican, Dominican, from Africa, here (USA) and Mexico so it’s anybodies guess what kind of “accent” when and if I have when one from time to time!
3. I worked in a head start as an early childhood educator for 6 + years before what I thought was quitting the field and leaving education now I homeschool!!
4. I love reading, homeschooling and being online. Literally, I could get lost in it for hours!
5. I try to be down to earth and try not to let my ignorance, growth, learning, or lack-there-of to make me boastful and mean. I am, but a human though, so My apologies if I’ve ever come across rude, full of mistakes or judgmental. I truly apologize I never intend to be that way.
6. I love Mexican food and cook it okay too if I say so myself 😉
7. I don’t have enough hours in the week to do all the activities I’d like to do.
Here are the bloggers I am nominating:
• American Muslim Mom
• Talibiddeen Jr
•Diary of a Muslim Homeschool
• Ummi’s Circle
• Homeschool 4 Muslims
• Habeebee Homeschooling
• Muslim Homeschool Blog
• Islamic unit Studies
•Yemen links, a Wonderful and very resourceful site
• A muslim child is born
I wish I could list 50!! I have so many blogs I read that are so great, and full of wonderful tips, Ummi’s, homeschooling ideas, children, Muslims and great websites. I might just post blogs like this one from time to time to lis them all!!
I love the internet!!!
Please feel free to share your early childhood blog or a blog that you know of here … so we can continue to expand our network!